Whatever the season, it is wise to gear the body into exercise mode, gear up, get that heart pumping and get your sweat on. If you do not have access to a gym, these few indoor tips will help you achieve an adequate workout . Overall full body workouts such as the one below will help to work out each muscle group.
NO GYM, NO PROBLEM!
This short program incorporates a full body weight exercise regimen and cardio in the same circuit. It is also suitable for beginners so you can slowly progress into the Intermediate levels of fitness.
1. Spot runs, 1minute superset with box squats 30sec
2. Standing side lateral raises 1 min tri set with spot runs 1min and box squats 30sec
3. Side lateral raises combined with front raises 1minute – spot runs 1minute -box squats 1minute
Chest and abdominals
1.Floor push-ups 30sec superset with mountain climbers( knee to elbow) 30sec 2. Push ups 1 minute
2. Push ups 1-minute tri set with mountain climbers 1 min and jumping jacks 1min 3. Push ups 1min – mountain climbers 1min – jumping jacks 1 min -stationary squats 1 min – side lat raise combined front raises 30 sec -spot runs 30sec
3. Push ups 1minute – mountain climbers 1minute – jumping jacks 1 min -stationary squats 1 min – side lat raise combined front raises 30 sec -spot runs 30sec
Last but not least, to put the cherry on the cake we move to Arms and abdominals.
Arms and lower abs
1. Triceps dips body weight on edge of a step 30 sec combined with seated leg raises( edge of the step) 30sec
2. Tricep dips 1minute – seated leg raises 1minute – seated bicep curl ( body weight with a static squeeze at the top) 1minute 3.triceps dips 1minute – seated leg raises 1minute – bicep body weight curls 1min -stationary squats 1minute – side lat raise and front raise 1minute – push ups 30sec – mountain climbers 30secs – jumping jacks 30sec – spot runs 30sec
3.Triceps dips 1minute – seated leg raises 1minute – bicep body weight curls 1min -stationary squats 1minute – side lat raise and front raise 1minute – push ups 30sec – mountain climbers 30secs – jumping jacks 30sec – spot runs 30sec.
This exercise program gives a good total of 25-30 min. The times can also be increased decreased according to your level of fitness or how much you would love to challenge yourself and can easily be a good 45minutes to an hour long. I always emphasise to most of my readers that diet plays a very big part of our overall performance.
I always emphasise to most of my readers and clients that diet plays a very big part of our overall performance and look, therefore we must always take into consideration what we eat and when we eat it, the principle of ” input versus expenditure should always be practised”. I will get more into detail on nutrition on my next article and include more home based and gym based exercises that will drive you to achieve your ideal goals.
About the trainer
Helene is an awarded sports person of the year, body fitness competitor a personal trainer and a mother. She is currently on the road to achieving pro status at the Arnold Classic Africa series.
Support Helene to support you. Subscribe for her customised fitness programme whatever your goals she will work with you, to contact Helene
Facebook: hellen Costa Sinclair
Instagram: hellen Costa Sinclair